“The purpose for the corporation is exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. The corporation is to engage in community development activities (which may include housing) and economic, or social environment(s) of it’s geographic area of operation by addressing one or more of the critical problems of the area with attention to the needs of persons with low to moderate income. The corporations purpose is to provide assistance, educational training, and material with respect to the development, operation and maintenance of affordable, safe, sanitary, and decent housing in the State of Louisiana, and shall be undertaken primarily, but not exclusively, in the corporations geographical area of operation.” – Articles of Amendment; Article III
- The Northwest Louisiana Community Development Corporation is all about helping the community.
- Founded in 1999, the NWLA CDC has helped many people in the Shreveport & Bossier City areas as it relates to housing, jobs, and numerous activities for families.
- The NWLA CDC’s mission is to “improve the lives of the underserved in our communities by ensuring they have adequate training programs and services available to enhance their quality of life.”
- The Northwest Louisiana Community Development Corporation provide many opportunities for advancement in the community.
- These opportunities include, but are not limited to: the annual Back to School Haircut Day, the annual Backpack Giveaway, numerous job, health and wellness fairs, the Girls Who Code initiative, and the L.I.F.E. Summer Camp.
- We also provide workshops on affordable housing through our Road to Home Ownership events held throughout the year.
Didn’t find the answer?
Contact NWLA for more information by filling out the form below, a representative will respond shortly.