Residential Group Home – L.L. Brandon III Transitional Home for Boys – Shreveport, LA
JOB TITLE: RESIDENTIAL DIRECT CARE SUPERVISOR FOR MALE ONLY BOYS HOME
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all the operations of assigned area in Brandon House under the direction of the Facility Director or Designee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Direct Care Supervisor
Responsibilities: The Direct Care Supervisor is responsible for oversight of staff and residents assigned as well as the following…
• Oversee the work performance of all direct care staff
• Collect, assimilate, approve and submit all appropriate documentation for payroll processing
• Complete annual performance evaluation
• Ensure that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and establish resolution including administration of discipline, corrections and reinforcements as required
• Conduct staff meetings with direct care staff and provide training when necessary
• Responsible for the health and welfare of individual(s) served
• Schedule all medical appointments
• Advocate individual(s) served rights when appropriate
• Schedule individual(s) served activities
• Ensure fire and evacuation procedures are up to date and train accordingly
• Enhance the quality of life for individual(s) served
• Participate in selection and placement of new staff
• Oversee all care and maintenance of the assigned wing in Brandon House Maintain finances within assigned budget
• Process all invoices and submit to home office in timely manner
• Keep overtime to a minimum
• Ensure all wing inventories (food, supplies, clothing) are complete and proper amounts are available as needed
• Make certain all efforts are made to maintain responsible utility, repair, and transportation expenses
• Be in compliance with standards for annual survey
• Prepare and submit any and all required documents in a timely manner (i.e. program notes, invoices/bills, state required documents, payroll, individual(s) served financial information)
• Oversee individual(s) served finances and ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the administration of such
• Maintain relationship with individual(s) served family and work to ensure best outcome
• Serve as a role model for both individual(s) served and staff
• Follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Brandon House
• All other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
• Must be 21 years old and 2 years post High School job experience.
• Associates degree preferred; or equivalent experience in child care and high school diploma.
• Three years relevant experience working with children preferably in a residential care program with children/adolescents having emotional and behavioral challenges.
• One year management experience
• Requires a current valid driver’s license.
• Must possess the skills for effective use of the English language to read, write, and speak (e.g. to express ideas, state facts, and provide information in person/reports/correspondences to be determined through writing sample.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Exposure to activities with clients which could cause risk of injury, discomfort or potential harm.
• Requires considerable physical agility to be able to perform restraints.
• May require lifting or moving of body weight of an adolescent during restraint.
• May require brief periods of sitting during driving/transportation of clients to appointments, activities, meetings.
Job Type: Full-time/Shift Work
Salary: To be discussed